Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Frustrated? Hah, that's an understatement...

Alright so I've been in Florida now for 6 months. That's 6 months of frustration building and getting worse as the days pass by. Why am I frustrated? Well, because I've been shit out of luck getting a job. I remember being extremely excited to move down to Florida. I now think I wasn't extremely BUT instead overly excited. Overly because what's exciting about NOT getting a job.

I've applied to numerous jobs, plenty that are way below me {but I need a job, so I'll basically apply anywhere under the sun}. From all the jobs I've applied to I've received three interviews. Three interviews that I felt went really well. I waited, and waited, and waited some more for a phone call. NEVER RECEIVED ONE. The last job that I interviewed at was on the Naval Base working at the gym. This job I was completely psyched for primarily because it suits me so well since I love working out and being healthy, but...I hadn't heard from them either. I decided to call and inquire about the position and if it had been filled yet; to my surprise, it was already filled and again not by me.

I guess I'm now just fed up with searching and applying for jobs. I'm starting to feel hopeless. I look back one year, and I had a job. I was really fortunate and actually got a job 11 days before my college graduation. Thank you God for that. I had a secure position, I was making income every two weeks. Now, I get to diddle daddle ALL. DAY. LONG. and twiddle my thumbs...yay?! It sucks, and I'm bored, and I want to work.

I'm not meant to be a 'stay at home military wife.' I'm hands down meant to be out of the house working and helping to support my family. Now don't get me wrong. I'm grateful that I have a husband that doesn't tell me, "go get a job, Jess," and I'm grateful that my husband is apart of the military and has a steady income each month that puts a roof over our head and puts food on the table each day, BUT, I also want to be grateful for having a job and being apart of society and making something of myself.

I enjoy working, I enjoy being around people and I really enjoy making money. Sometimes I feel depressed being the house wife cooking and cleaning. I enjoy cleaning because it's a great stress reliever, and cooking because it allows me to be creative, but c'mon doing it everyday just gets boring. Now I know a lot of you are probably thinking, "well if you had a job you'd probably be doing the same thing day in and day out, too," and although you're probably right, the simple fact that I'm out of the house and helping my husband with the bills is what would be worth it to me.

God help me I just want a darn job already. So when I move, in less than a month, I swear to it that I am going to apply and apply and apply and PRAY that I get offered a job. I'll literally do anything from working as a cashier at Target to serving at Texas Roadhouse to sitting behind a desk answering phones all day. This girl just simply wants a job. The end.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm slow cause I have seen you posted these links before but I have no clue that they were written by you. I though these are just links u posted through other sites, I never knew that these are your blogs you have personally written. Needless to say by clicking and seeing your pic then it hit me u was like hawww its you LOL.

    Anyway have you tried temp agencies,? these are agencies that help applicants lend jobs. I know we quite a few here in chi area but I don't know about where u are. Sorry that you are not finding work, I knew I went crazy after just 3 months for not getting a job I can't even imaging 6 months. U don't know if u tried indeed.com its very good job site. Keep your head I'm sure u will fund something somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're so silly! Yeah, all this is written by me. Thanks for the job tips, when I move I'll let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete