Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pinterest is sparking my creativity...

Okay let me start off by saying, yes pinterest is sparking my creativity, but no my dinner didn't come from that website. I LOVE creating new dishes all on my own. Of course it's nice finding awesome dishes from the internet, but I'm Italian and all about throwing things together all by myself.

So as I've been spending hours and hours on pinterest, ya know pinning random things such as food, I randomly got the idea to make a creative dish for dinner. First thing I did of course was get off of pinterest (what do you know). Then I headed to my kitchen to see what I had in the pantry, fridge and freezer. I stumbled upon a few things, but still wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make. Then it sort of hit me, I suppose anyway.

I grabbed some Pillsbury garlic butter crescent rolls, meatballs, celery, carrots, mozzarella cheese, onions, limes, lemon pepper seasoning and southwest chipotle seasoning and went to work on my fabulous creation that I have now named meatball stuffed puffed crescent rolls .

It was so simple to make, a lot of fun and tasted absolutely delicious, oh and did I mention ONLY 440 calories?

Want to know more? Okay... so I'll let you in on my awesome dish by giving you the run down step-by-step.

MEATBALL STUFFED PUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS

What you'll need:
-Pillsbury Garlic Butter Crescent Rolls (8 rolls)
-Meatballs (12)
-Celery (2 stalks)
-Carrots (2 long)
-Onion (1/2)
-Mozzarella Cheese (4 slices)
-Lemon Pepper Seasoning (a dash on each roll)
-Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (a dash on each roll)
-Lime (1-2 depending on size and preference)

Total Time:
35 minutes

What do you do:
-First preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Once finished preheating place 12 meatballs on a baking sheet for 20 minutes.


-While meatballs bake, chop up 2 long celery sticks, 2 long carrot sticks, 1/2 of an onion, and 4 slices of mozzarella cheese.



-Once the meatballs are finished baking let them cool for just a few minutes until you are able to touch them without feeling burned on the fingertips, and up the oven temperature to 375 degrees for the rolls. Once the meatballs are cool enough, chop them all up into pieces.


-After all of your ingredients have been chopped, place in one big bowl to mix together.




-Now go ahead and start stuffing your crescent rolls and make sure to close the ends to ensure none of the ingredients spill out while baking.


-Once all of the rolls have been filled, top with remaining cheese, lemon pepper seasoning and southwest chipotle seasoning and place into the oven for 15 minutes.


-Finally plate your meatball stuffed puffed crescent rolls, drizzle lime on top and ENJOY!



And there you have it, my delicious dinner creation of meatball stuffed puffed crescent rolls. If you decide to try it out for yourself, please let me know what you think :) Bon Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment